Nothing but silence.
That is the response of the church to the daily attacks upon our First Amendment right to worship God.
It should come as no surprise to us. After all, the Bible predicted that this very form of apathy would take hold in our world during the last days.
And this apathy is threatening to splinter the people of God even more than denominational distinctions have.
In fact, it already has.
The Squeaky Wheel
We’ve all heard the expression, “the squeaky wheel gets the oil.” It may not be pretty or nice, but it is often the truth. And in today’s world, it’s a truth that is destroying the very foundations of our families and our culture.
Consider homosexuality. After almost 30 minutes of research, I could not come up with a definitive percentage of the U.S. population that identifies as gay, lesbian or bisexual. Christian and conservative websites provide numbers that show around 3% of the people in America are gay. Liberal homosexual demographics put that number at 10% of the population.
For the sake of argument, let’s say 10% of the population is either gay, lesbian or bisexual.
That means that our culture is bowing to 10% of the people at the expense of the other 90%.
Frankly, that is alarming, but not surprising. The homosexuals have waged a very effective media war against conservative values and they are winning.
And they are winning because we remain silent.
Another Squeaky Wheel
But so that the homosexuals don’t think I am picking on them exclusively, let’s also consider abortion rights.
And be clear, I am using what some would call “hate language” by using the term “abortion rights.” The politically correct phrase is pro-choice.
I still just call it murder.
And so does a jury in Washington State. Click here to read a very interesting article about two men convicted of second-degree murder for the woman they killed. The twist in this news story is that both men were also convicted of first-degree manslaughter for killing the unborn baby!
The woman in this case was 11 weeks pregnant, which means that she could have walked into any abortion clinic and “terminated her pregnancy” without any charges being filed over the death of her baby. Yet, the same culture that has shoved a woman’s right to choose down our throats has also convicted 2 men for doing what the woman herself could have done without consequence.
It doesn’t make any sense. Either it’s a child or it isn’t. If it is, then how come millions of women aren’t being held accountable for the murder of their unborn babies? If it’s not, how come these two men from the article are being held to account for the murder of the woman’s unborn baby?
It just doesn’t make sense. So I have to ask myself, how can this be?
How can we have created this horrible double-standard that allows some children to be protected while others are murdered in their mother’s wombs?
The Silence Of The Lambs
Maybe there’s nothing that the church could have done to stand together against abortion and homosexuality. Maybe there’s nothing we can do now either.
Bottom line, we’ll never know for sure because the church seems to be consistently silent on these and other topics.
The church was never meant to follow the culture. The church was meant to lead the culture to Jesus Christ.
We may only be lambs, but we are not powerless. We are not without a voice and we are not called to stand idly by as the world descends into chaos around us and the moral fabric of the family and our world comes apart.
Jesus was the Lamb of God, and He certainly made an impact on this world. 2000 years later, people are still trying to declare Him a fraud and a liar. Why? Because if He was truly who He said He was, then one day, maybe even one day soon, all men and women are going to be held accountable for their sin, for every word, thought and deed.
We may only be lambs, but we are still called to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and stand for what is right. We are called to hold the commandments of God as the highest authority. We are called to change the world; to be in the world, but not of the world.
We must open our mouths and stand against the indoctrination to homosexuality that our children are already facing in their schools and in some cases, even in their churches..
We must open our mouths and stand against the injustice of women murdering babies and proudly calling it a choice.
We must open our mouths and stand against the injustice of the law that condemns murder in one instance and accepts it in another. All murder is wrong and should be condemned and brought to justice.
Lambs, be silent no more! Make your voice heard in your homes, in your churches and in our courts and in our congress.
For one day, we will give account of every word that we speak. I fear we will also give account for the words we did not speak.
Therefore, let us speak the truth at all times, in every situation.